Our Wish Lists
Donations of supplies help stock our shelves and care for the 4,000 pets that come through our doors every year. Items can be purchased and brought to our facility, or acquired from one of our online wish lists to be delivered directly to our shelter.
OUR ONLINE WISH LISTS:
THE FISH & BONE, PORTLAND – SUPPORT A LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS!
Our partnership with The Fish & Bone in Portland is that cat’s meow. And, they’ve designed the perfect way to support the ARLGP with food and supplies while keeping your purchase at a locally-owned small business. Shop our online wish list on The Fish & Bone’s website now, and not only will they deliver the items to our door but they’ll match your donation can-for-can or bag-for-bag.
AMAZON WISH LIST
Shop our wish list on Amazon to ship shelter items straight to our front door! And, if you purchase through smile.amazon.com a percentage of your purchase amount will be donated to the nonprofit of your choosing.
TOP REQUESTS FROM OUR PETS & STAFF
WISH LIST PDF: download and print our full wish list here (detailed list, best for printing/emailing)
Supplies for cats & kittens
- #1 NEED: canned cat food & canned kitten food (preferred brands: Friskies pate, 9 Lives, Fancy Feast)
- non-clumping and unscented clay cat litter (inexpensive brands like Special Kitty are most commonly used)
- dry cat food & dry kitten food (preferred brands: Purina One, Science Diet)
- cat toys (wands, mice, cat nip, jingle balls)
- snuggle safe heating discs
- kitty kasas
- chunk tuna in water (not in oil)
Supplies for dogs & puppies
- #1 NEED: canned dog & puppy food (preferred brands: Purina Pro, Science Diet)
- dry dog food & dry puppy food (preferred brands: Purina Pro, Science Diet)
- dog toys (nylabones, squeaky toys)
- enrichment and interactive toys (slow feeders, lick mats)
- greenies pill pockets
- enrichment/training food: hot dogs, cheese sticks, spray cheese, canned chicken
- Kuranda dog beds: purchased online and shipped directly to the ARLGP!
Supplies for small animals
- rabbit food (preferred brand: Oxbow)
- dried cranberries (sugar/additive free)
Supplies for our shelter & staff
- postage stamps
- gift certificates to frequently-used stores: Amazon, Hannaford, Home Depot, Target, Walmart
- gift certificates to local pet supply stores like The Fish & Bone in Portland
- New have-a-heart traps
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
We appreciate your generosity and hope you will understand that there are many things that we cannot use and must dispose of. Disposing of these items can be expensive.
Below is a list of items we cannot use. If you have an item to donate that is not on our wish list or the list below, please call the shelter directly at (207) 854-9771 to see if we can put your items to good use.
Items we cannot accept:
- linens, towels & bedding – as of 9/19/22 we have temporarily paused accepting linens so that we can utilize our back stock
- pillows or cushions
- expired pet food
- laundry detergent
- cedar or pine shavings
- pellet food with grains
- small animal cages
- used litter boxes and scoops
- pillows and cushions
- baby/infant/kid items (boppys, baby toys, crib mattresses, stuffed animals, etc.)
- sleeping bags, electric blankets, mattress pads, bath mats
- expired medications and controlled substances (if interested in donating pet medications, please call our front desk at (207) 854-9771 to inquire about medications that we can accept)
Interested in holding a donation drive?
- back to top -