Our Wish Lists
OUR PETS HAVE A WISH LIST
Your gift to the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland provides direct care to our animal guests in so many ways. Below is a list of our most-needed and commonly used items.
DOWNLOAD & PRINT OUR WISH LIST: Coordinating a donation or supply drive? View our Donation Drive Toolkit for wish lists, supply drive signs, helpful tips and more.
Looking to shop our wish list online?
Shop our wish list on Amazon to ship pet supply and shelter items straight to our front door! And, if you purchase through smile.amazon.com a percentage of your bill will be donated to the nonprofit of your choosing. View Our Amazon Wish List >
And, our facility wish list features the larger items that help keep our campus running smoothly.
TOP REQUESTS FROM OUR PETS
- #1 NEED: canned cat food (Friskies pate, 9 Lives, Fancy Feast)
- non-clumping and unscented clay cat litter (inexpensive brands like Special Kitty are most commonly used)
- chunk tuna in water (not in oil)
- dry cat food (Iams and Science Diet are our most preferred brands)
- cat beds
- snuggle safe heating discs
- cat toys
- cat brushes and combs
- KMR cans
- cat scratchers
- Kuranda dog beds: purchased online and shipped directly to the ARLGP!
- kongs (durable, washable toys)
- nylabones (medium and large sizes)
- rope toys
- enrichment and interactive toys
- grain-free treats
- grain-free dry food (brands: Natural Balance, Canidae, Wellness)
- grain-free wet food (brands: Natural Balance, Canidae, Wellness)
Small Animal Items
- toys for rabbits: plastic baby keys, baby rattles, natural grass mats and tunnels
- timothy hay
- timothy-based rabbit food and pellets for rabbits & guinea pigs
- cozy cuddles and pet cozy’s
- small animal hammocks
- Aspen (only) shavings
- care fresh bedding
- willow/wicker toys that haven’t been treated
- water bottle holders
Humble requests from our humans:
- gift certificates to frequently-visited stores: Amazon, Hannaford, Shaw’s, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Target, WalMart
- gift certificates to local pet supply stores
- have-a-heart trap (in working condition)
- general maintenance tools in good condition
- clean and usable linens: flat sheets, blankets, bath/beach towels, pet beds, pillow cases
We appreciate your generosity and hope you will understand that there are many things that we cannot use and must dispose of. Disposing of unwanted items can be expensive.
Below is a short list of items we cannot use. If you have an item to donate that is not on our wish list, please call the shelter directly at (207) 854-9771 to see if we can put your items to good use.
Items We Cannot Use:
- expired food
- laundry detergent
- cedar or pine shavings
- pellet food with grains
- small animal cages
- used litter boxes and scoops
- pillows and cushions
- stuffed animals made for humans
- sleeping bags, electric blankets, mattress pads
- expired medications (if interested in donating pet medications, please call our front desk at (207) 854-9771 to inquire about medications that we can accept)
- back to top -