A Life-Saving Organization
The Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland nurtures the connection between people and pets to advance animal welfare and improve the quality of life in our community.
The ARLGP provides temporary care and shelter for stray, abandoned, confiscated and relinquished animals, and places as many pets as possible into responsible and caring homes; we create awareness and support for the humane treatment of all animals; we strive to end animal overpopulation through education and the promotion of spaying and neutering; we make end-of-life decisions based on safety and animal welfare considerations.
The Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland envisions that pets and people can share a healthy bond of love and kindness.
- HOPE: We are an open-admission shelter, giving every pet hope for a new life
- INNOVATION: We strive to be leaders in the animal welfare sector
- CONNECTION: We celebrate healthy relationships between people and pets
- INCLUSION: We serve as a community resource for all pet companions in our community
- RESPECT: We commit to building respect, dignity, kindness, and equality in the community and in the world
OUR COMMUNITY IMPACT REPORTS:
OUR LIFE-SAVING STATISTICS:
LIKE THIS: view our life-saving safety net map and learn how we are working with shelters across the country to help pets in need
- back to top -