Animal Health and Wellness
SPAY & NEUTER PROGRAMS
ARLGP Spay and Neuter Clinic
Located at our facility, the ARLGP Spay & Neuter Clinic provides low-cost spay and neuter services to income-eligible community members. For more information, or to schedule an appointment for your pet, please call the ARLGP at (207) 854-9771. Submit our Spay/Neuter Request Form to see if you qualify for our low-cost program >
ARLGP Litter Helpers
Have a cat with kittens? A dog with pups? If you surrender your litter to the ARLGP, we will spay and return the mom to you at no charge. For more information, please call the ARLGP at (207) 854-9771.
Community Spay & Neuter Programs
Animal Welfare Society
Community members who meet income guidelines can receive assistance for feline spaying or neutering. Contact AWS at (207)985-3244 ext. 120 for more information.
Community Spay and Neuter Clinic
Located in Topsham, this clinic offers low-cost spay and neuter services for dogs and cats. For more information call (207) 721-8395.
Greater Androscoggin Humane Society
The Greater Androscoggin Humane Society Spay Incentive Certificate Program provides discount spay certificates to individuals who bring litters of puppies or kittens to the shelter if the individual still has the mother of the litter. The owner of the mother is issued a Spay Incentive Certificate to be used at an area veterinarian. GAHS also offers Neutering Discount Services, giving available funds for neutering assistance to individuals and families in financial need. For more information on GAHS spay and neuter services and programs, please contact them at (207) 783-2311.
HELP! FIX ME: Maine’s Low Cost Spay & Neuter Program
Low-cost spay and neuter program coordinated by the State of Maine, based on income guidelines. Call 1-800-367-1317 or (207) 287-7621 for more information.
We know a healthy pet is a happy pet!
ARLGP WELLNESS CLINICS
Our seasonal ARLGP Wellness Clinics offer low-cost vaccinations and microchipping for cats and dogs, to help ensure our community of companion pets is happy and healthy.
UPCOMING WELLNESS CLINIC: Sunday, September 17th | 10AM-NOON at the ARLGP
Menu of services and fees:
- Rabies vaccination: $15 per pet
- Distemper vaccination: $10 per pet
- Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccination: $10 per pet
- Microchipping: $35 per pet
Things to know if attending:
- Services are always first-come, first-served.
- Dogs must be on leash, and cats in a carrier.
- If you are seeking a 3-year rabies vaccine, you must bring veterinary records showing your pet’s 2016 and 2015 rabies vaccinations were given within 1 year of each other, per state law. *There are no exceptions to this.
- Please expect a wait time of approximately 45 minutes-1 hour (dependent on event participation, wait time could be less or more). We appreciate your flexibility and patience as we provide this service to our community members.
Microchipping is our #1 way to reunite lost pets with their owners. Microchipping is a quick and easy way to ensure your animal is properly identified in the event that he/she gets lost. Microchipping appointments can be made by calling the shelter at (207) 854-9771, or simply walk-in during our open hours. The cost is $35.00 per pet and comes with a lifetime registration.
- back to top -