Animal Health and Wellness
ARLGP Spay/Neuter Clinic
The ARLGP Spay/Neuter Clinic holds public spay/neuter days 2-3 times a month. Please read the qualifications to register below. If you meet our qualifications, please call us at (207) 854-9771 to schedule your appointment.
QUALIFICATIONS (only one qualification needs to be met):
- If you are a full-time student
- If you are receiving public assistance
- If you fall within our income guidelines of wages/household size (our team member will assess this for you)
SPAY/NEUTER CLINIC FEES (as of 10/1/20):
- Feline Spay: $80
- Feline Neuter: $75
- Canine Spay, 0-25 lbs: $185
- Canine Spay, 26-50 lbs: $195
- Canine Spay, 51-89 lbs: $220
- Canine Spay, 90-124 lbs: $260
- Canine Neuter, 0-25 lbs: $175
- Canine Neuter, 26-50 lbs: $185
- Canine Neuter, 51-89 lbs: $215
- Canine Neuter: 90-124 lbs: $250
- Rabbit Spay/Neuter: $90
- Rat Spay/Neuter: $50
Other important information:
- We are unable to spay/neuter English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, and Great Danes
- Older animals may require pre-surgery bloodwork from your veterinarian. Our clinic scheduler will discuss these requirements with you in advance.
ARLGP Litter Helpers
Have a cat with kittens? A dog with pups? If you surrender your litter to the ARLGP, we will spay and return the mom to you at no charge. For more information, please call the ARLGP at (207) 854-9771.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
If you are in need of financial assistance for urgent or emergency veterinary services, we have compiled a list of external foundations and programs.
LOCAL EMERGENCY VET HOSPITALS:
The ARLGP does not have a full-service public veterinary clinic. If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact your veterinarian or visit a local emergency veterinary practice:
Animal Emergency Clinic of Mid-Maine
37 Strawberry Avenue, Lewiston, Maine 04240
(207) 777-1110 | aec-midmaine.com
Animal Emergency Clinic
739 Warren Avenue, Portland, Maine 04103
(207) 878-3121 | animalemergencyspecialtycare.com
Maine Veterinary Referral Center
1500 Technology Way Enterprise Park, Scarborough, Maine 04074
(207) 885-1290 | mvmc.vet
ARLGP WELLNESS CLINICS
ARLGP Vaccine Clinics offer low-cost vaccinations for cats and dogs, to help ensure our community of companion pets is happy and healthy.
UPCOMING CLINIC: please check back for our next clinic date
Menu of services and fees:
- Rabies vaccination (for dogs and cats): $15 per pet
- Distemper vaccination (for dogs and cats): $12 per pet
- Bordetella vaccination (kennel cough vaccine for dogs) : $12 per pet
Things to know if attending:
- You must pre-register to attend
- Each time slot is 10 minutes and can accommodate up to 2 PETS per time slot. If you have more than 2 pets to bring, please select more than one time slot. You must arrive on-time for your time slot.
- You will be charged a $5 registration fee to register below, this secures your time spot at our clinic. This $5 registration fee is not applied to your vaccine fee and is non-refundable if you are unable to make your appointment.
- Within one business day of submitting your pre-registration form, an ARLGP staff will call you to verify your appointment and the services your pets need.
- This clinic will be a curbside service. An ARLGP team member will check-in with you upon arrival. When your pet is ready to be seen, a veterinary technician will retrieve your pet from your car, bring them into our clinic for their services, and return them to you. Due to COVID-19, pet parents will not be able to accompany their pets into our facility.
- Be sure to come with a leash for your dog and/or a carrier for your cat. If you have concerns about your animal reaction, please let us know so we can best prepare. If your dog requires a muzzle to visit the vet, please bring it to your vaccine appointment too.
Microchipping is our #1 way to reunite lost pets with their owners. Microchipping is a quick and easy way to ensure your animal is properly identified in the event that he/she gets lost. The cost is $40 per pet and comes with a one-year registration.
PLEASE NOTE: During our COVID-19 closure, microchipping is currently only offered at time of adoption.
- back to top -