Spay/Neuter & Wellness
ARLGP Spay/Neuter Clinic
The ARLGP Spay/Neuter Program is designed to offer low-cost spay/neuter services to income-qualifying pet parents.
UPDATE: We are currently not accepting new patients. Please check back in for future appointments.
You qualify if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a full-time college student.
- You are currently using one form of public assistance (disability, unemployment, Medicare/Medicaid, MaineCare, Social Security, SSDI).
- Your income is at or below the amounts based on the total number of people in your household, as outlined below:
Do you qualify? If YES, please complete this form to request a spay/neuter appointment and a member of our team will contact you.
Don’t qualify with the criteria above? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Spay It Forward Program.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Fees:
- Cat spay/neuter: $95
- Dog spay/neuter (under 50 lbs.): $240
- Dog spay/neuter (51-89 lbs.): $270
- Dog spay/neuter (90-124 lbs.): $300
Additional add-on vaccines/treatments at time of spay/neuter surgery:
- Rabies vaccine: $20
- Distemper vaccine: $25
- Bordetella vaccine (kennel cough- dog only): $25
- Ear cleaning: $5
- Cats & Dogs <26 lbs: $16
- Dogs 26-89 lbs: $32
- Dogs over 90 lbs: $40
- Nail trim: $5
- Microchip: $40
- Flea/tick preventative: $10
**We DO NOT accept Care Credit**
Please note: we are unable to spay/neuter cats over the age of 9, dogs over the age of 7, cats/dogs under the age of 8 weeks, or any cats/dogs that weigh under 2 pounds.
ARLGP VACCINE CLINICS
UPCOMING 2023 CLINICS:
- Saturday, April 1st, 10am-12pm THIS CLINIC IS FULL.
- Due to an overwhelming amount of pre-registrations, we can not accept any more registrations or walk-ups for this clinic.
Our DOG vaccine offerings:
- Rabies – $20
- Distemper – $25
- Bordetella (kennel cough) – $25
Our CAT vaccine offerings:
- Rabies – $20
- Distemper – $25
- Pre-registration has been filled.
- These clinics are first come, first served. Wait times will vary based on attendance.
- Payment will be taken on the day of the event. Cash or card is accepted.
- Our vaccine clinics are held at the shelter located at 217 Landing Road in Westbrook, Maine. Our clinic entrance is on the lower level of the shelter – towards the Westbrook Middle School.
- A member of our staff will greet you at your car upon arrival.
- Please bring dogs on leash and cats in a contained and safe pet carrier.
- If you have concerns about your animal’s reaction to vaccine services, please let us know so we can best prepare. If your dog requires a muzzle to visit the vet, please bring it to your vaccine appointment too.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
If you are in need of financial assistance for urgent or emergency veterinary services, we have compiled a list of external foundations and programs.
LOCAL EMERGENCY VET HOSPITALS:
The ARLGP does not have a full-service public veterinary clinic. If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact your veterinarian or visit a local emergency veterinary practice:
Animal Emergency Clinic of Mid-Maine
37 Strawberry Avenue, Lewiston, Maine 04240
(207) 777-1110 | aec-midmaine.com
PetMedic Urgent Care
191 Marginal Way, Portland ME 04101
(207) 813-4777 | petmedicurgentcare.com/locations/portland-me/
Animal Emergency Clinic
739 Warren Avenue, Portland, Maine 04103
(207) 878-3121 | animalemergencyspecialtycare.com
Maine Veterinary Referral Center
1500 Technology Way Enterprise Park, Scarborough, Maine 04074
(207) 885-1290 | mvmc.vet
Microchipping is our #1 way to reunite lost pets with their owners. Microchipping is a quick and easy way to ensure your animal is properly identified in the event that he/she gets lost. The cost is $40 per pet and comes with a one-year registration. Please give us a call at (207) 854-9771 to set up an appointment to microchip your pet.
- back to top -