Have an animal-loving kiddo in your family? Don’t miss sending them to our Unleashed Camps during school vacation weeks and summer break!
Both educational and fun, camp programming is designed to teach children age-appropriate animal welfare topics and curriculum. Daily activities include hands-on interactions with shelter animals, educational games, arts and crafts projects, guest speakers, and more. Camps are held in our humane education classroom at our adoption and community center.
SCHOOL VACATION CAMP
We offer vacation camps during the December, February, and April school breaks, as well as one-day camps on school holidays.
Save the Date!
April Vacation Camp Registration will open on Tues. 3/26.
We will have offerings for kiddos in grades 3rd-5th & 6th-8th grades!
*Registration for Summer Camp 2024 will open here on Monday, March 4th @7pm!!! You will need to refresh your browser at that time for the link to appear.
Our annual summer camp is the cat’s meow! Each week is designed for specific grade levels with age-appropriate lessons, experiences, activities, guest speakers and field trips for campers.
NEW THIS YEAR:
We are so grateful for our return campers each year and equally love it when we see new faces!
In an effort for parents to have a clear understanding of what a camp week entails at the ARLGP, we created this slide presentation for your review about some important things to know before signing up for camp. Please feel free to reach out directly should you have any follow up questions.
CAMP SESSIONS & INFO
- Each camp session (one week) costs $375 per child. Camp runs Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:30 and NEW THIS YEAR, camp will run Friday’s from 8:30-3pm.
- Each camp week will include two field trip days (Tuesday and Thursday).
- To view weekly field trips and guest speakers, CLICK HERE!
- Please note that the schedule is subject to change due to things beyond our control, ie: weather, illness etc.
- Campers will be transported in our two ARLGP passenger vans driven by our camp staff for field trips within 20 miles of the shelter. For longer field trips, we will be utilizing Dirigo bus lines driven by a professional bus driver.
- All camps take place in our in-shelter classroom and are led by two full-time staff members and camp volunteers/assistants.
- Please choose your camp session based on the grade your child is entering in the fall of 2024, as daily lessons, field trips, and guest speakers are tailored to be appropriate for that age group.
- Daily snacks (AM and PM) will be provided. Campers are required to bring their own lunch, water bottle, and any additional snacks they want.
- Campers will have daily exposure to common allergens such as peanut butter, hay, and pet dander. If your camper has strong reactions to any of these, please reconsider enrolling them in our program.
- June 19-21 (shortened, pro-rated week)
- July 22-26
- June 24-28
- July 8-12
- July 29-Aug. 2
- Aug. 12-16
- July 15-19
- Aug. 5-9
- Aug. 19-23
**Please note, no camp will be provided the week of July 1-5
2024 Registration Process:
- When registration is open, a survey monkey link will be posted on this webpage. If you already have the webpage open, or have clicked on the link prior to launch time, you will need to refresh the page.
- Parents/guardians will fill out the survey and let us know their first, second, third, and fourth camp choices. Not all grade levels will have 4 options available.
- PLEASE NOTE: Filling out the survey does NOT guarantee placement in a camp week.
- At the end of the survey you will see a green DONE button and it will say “Thank you for taking this survey” this insures you have successfully submitted your survey to us. Please only fill out the survey once.
- The ARLGP will contact each parent/guardian in the order in which the surveys were submitted.
- We will try as hard as possible to place you in your first-choice week. However, there are only 15 spots per session. To help as many campers as possible attend, we will only enroll a child in one camp week.
- If we were able to successfully place your camper in the desired week, you will receive an email with information and a link to pay by Friday, March 8th or before. Please add the ARLGP to your safe sender list to ensure that you receive any emails from our email@example.com email. Don’t forget to check your junk email just in case.
- PLEASE NOTE: This registration process was created to fairly offer as many campers as possible the chance to attend our camp while keeping a first-come/first-enrolled process. This process takes our team a couple of days to work through submissions and placement, so we kindly ask for your patience in our reply to you after you submit your survey.
- back to top -