Have an animal-loving kiddo in your family? Don’t miss sending them to our Unleashed Camps during school vacation weeks and summer break!
Both educational and fun, camp programming is designed to teach children age-appropriate animal welfare topics and curriculum. Daily activities include hands-on interactions with shelter animals, educational games, arts and crafts projects, guest speakers and more. Held in our humane education classroom at our new adoption and community center, Unleashed Camp is a tail-wagging adventure for all ages.
SCHOOL VACATION CAMPS
School vacation and holiday camps offer local students in-shelter, hands-on programming during the December, February and April school vacation weeks as well as in-service days and school holidays. Divided by grade, campers K-4 and 5-8 have separate days during the vacation week, and age-appropriate curriculum and learning objectives.
Check back for April Vacation Camp registration!
Have an animal-loving kiddo in your family? Don’t miss sending them to our 2020 Unleashed Summer Camp! Both educational and fun, programming is designed to teach children age-appropriate animal welfare topics and curriculum. Daily activities include hands-on interactions with shelter animals, educational games, arts and crafts projects, guest speakers and more. Held in our humane education classroom at our adoption and community center, Unleashed Summer Camp is a tail-wagging adventure for all ages.
- Registration for ANIMAL CAMPS will open Tuesday, March 10th at NOON
- Registration for ARTS & ANIMAL CAMPS will open Wednesday, March 11th at NOON
WAITLIST: Spots for our camps fill almost immediately. While it is exciting that so many kids want to learn about animals, we know that not everyone will have a chance to enroll. To be added to our waitlist for a camp that has been filled, please email email@example.com. Kids will be added to our waitlist on a first-come/first-served basis, based on time/date of email arrival.
2020 DATES & GRADES
CAMPS FOR GRADES K-2
- June 22nd – June 26th: Animal Camp
- August 3rd – August 7th: Arts & Animals Camp
CAMPS FOR GRADES 3-5
- July 6th – July 10th: Arts & Animals Camp
- July 20th – July 24th: Animal Camp
- August 10th – August 14th: Animal Camp
CAMPS FOR GRADES 6-8
- July 13th – July 17th: Animal Camp
- July 27th – July 31st: Animal Camp
- August 17th – August 21st: Arts & Animals Camp
CAMP FOR HIGH SCHOOL
- June 29th – July 3rd: Animal Camp
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
- Each camp session (one week) costs $300 per child. Daily camp time runs 9am-4pm.
- Before and after-care can be added for an additional $75 per camper. Camp day with before and after-care runs 8:30am-5pm.
- All camps take place in our in-shelter classroom and are led by two full-time staff educators with support from junior camp counselors.
- Please choose your camp session based on the grade your child is entering in the fall of 2020.
- Daily snacks* (AM and PM) will be provided. Campers are required to bring their own lunch. *Please let ARLGP know of any special diets or food allergies on the registration form.
- Please note: we CANNOT guarantee a peanut-free environment at the ARLGP, because of the daily products used feeding our animals. Peanut butter is also used in camp activities to make enrichment treats for dogs.
Animal Camp curriculum is based on animal care, animal behavior and animal training. Campers learn about adoption and experience hands-on how a shelter works and operates. Campers will also collaborate on service projects and learn to handle animals safely. Topics will also include different animal species, pet populations, wildlife, and exotic pets, and what it means to be a responsible pet citizen in our community.
Arts & Animals Camp curriculum explores how animals can be used in art to send a positive message and create awareness. Campers will spend time creating animal-related art pieces, all while learning about animals. Shelter exploration and hands-on time with adoptable pets will help influence camp artists. If you love art and animals, this camp is purr-fect for you!
- back to top -