Listed below are current employment opportunities at the ARLGP.
Please read full job descriptions for qualifications and responsibilities.
To apply for open positions, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position as the subject line in either a .pdf or Word document format.
The ARLGP will review applications and resumes solely for posted positions and, due to the significant interest in our job openings, follow-up communication is limited to candidates who meet the posted qualifications. Due to the volume of interest in our positions, no calls or walk-ins, please.
Please note: we do not have a veterinary intern program at this time
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician of the ARLGP is responsible for a range of repair, maintenance and custodial tasks. As half of a two-person department, the position requires an organized, self-motivated person who is comfortable with interruptions to address sudden, emerging situations without losing track of recurring tasks.
A day’s work will typically involve a range of maintenance tasks (such as replacing HVAC filters), custodial tasks (snow removal, trash removal, floor drain cleaning), supply ordering and receiving, repair tasks, interacting with vendors including those in the construction trades, and working alongside and interacting with the organization’s many volunteers and staff members.
The person in this position must be entirely comfortable around the dogs, cats, and various small animals who are at the heart of the daily business of the organization.
Experience with facilities-oriented tasks is a plus, as is experience with components of the construction trades, since part of the work involves recognizing and diagnosing problems with the building’s plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical and structural systems, as well as problems associated with the equipment used in the buildings. We perform some repairs ourselves ranging from screwdriver repairs to those requiring a range of power tools, and hire vendors for others.
This position is a full-time, Sunday through Thursday once through the probationary period, 7am-3:30pm with flexibility required during winter weather. This position is considered essential personnel and reports to work regardless of weather-related factors.
- Be able to work independently and provide feedback on the status of current projects
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with others across the organization and with external vendors
- Computer skills: Microsoft office suite
- Pleasant and professional phone demeanor
- Be able to perform basic building maintenance and repair tasks, including basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, and equipment maintenance tasks
- Valid Maine driver’s license with good driving record
- Basic grounds-keeping skills
- Proactive and positive ‘recycle, reuse, re-purpose’ attitude
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to shovel snow
- Must be able to work on a ladder
- Able to access a non-handicapped accessible building several times per day as well as climb steep stairs unassisted
- Able to scoop, bend, twist, lift, climb and squat as part of normal job functions
- Pass pre-employment physical assessment
**For a full job description, please click here.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications, reasons for pursuing a career in animal welfare along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Facilities and Maintenance Technician FT”.
The ARLGP will review applications and resumes solely for posted positions and, due to the significant interest in our job openings, follow-up communication is limited to candidates. Submissions without the above requested materials will not be reviewed.
If you have not been contacted within a month of application, you may assume that you have not been selected as a candidate. The ARLGP is an equal opportunity employer. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Thank you for your interest in our organization.
- back to top -