Our Pet Loss Support Group offers an open environment to express thoughts and feelings during your time of loss.
This group is for people who are:
- Experiencing grief over the loss of a pet due to health or disappearance
- Grieving the anticipated loss of a pet
- Re-experiencing feelings of sadness over the loss of a pet some time ago
- People come to share their loss and ideas for coping, express feelings, ask and answer questions, give and get support.
- Participants are encouraged to help themselves and support each other in an environment where members can safely share their thoughts and feelings.
We welcome you and honor your journey.
Upcoming group meetings:
Monday, March 4th (6-7pm)
Our support group meets the first Monday of the month from 6-7pm in the ARLGP Humane Education Classroom. Participants are encouraged to register prior to each session here, so in case of inclement weather we can notify attendees of cancellation.
MEET OUR GROUP FACILITATORS
Ann Gayer retired in 2016 after working for many years in the mental health field. Ann lives with her husband, Bill, rescue dog, Phoenix, and senior cat, Bailey in Scarborough. Ann’s passion is her family and friends, especially spoiling her grandkids and fur babies. Her other interests include kayaking, travel, reading, and volunteering at the ARLGP.
Meta Gustafson, PhD, has spent most of her 30-year career working with individuals and families dealing with grief and loss. Through individual, family and group counseling, she has sought to help others move on to a future that includes memories, joy, and hope. Animals have always been a passion, and she currently lives with her husband and two cats, Esme and Mischief, in Gorham.