We know Maine kiddos are learning from home right now. We wanted to provide some humane education links, projects, crafts, and resources below to provide some furry fun. We will update this regularly!
Downloadable lessons, games and more:
- Our ARLGP activity book for kids is designed for kids 8 and under. Filled with coloring pages, games and lessons, it is easy to print at home and enjoy. Download it here.
- Animal Habitat Matching Activity (print, cut, match!)
- Animal Memory Game
- COVID-19 Time Capsule Workbook for Kids
- Coloring pages
- 70 things to do from home!
- Do our online scavenger hunt!
Crafts to do from home:
- Make your own snuffle mats for dogs
- DIY cat toys with The Kitten Lady
- DIY dog popsicle recipes
- DIY dog toys
- Make a cardboard cat playhouse!
- National Geographic animal quiz
- Science Kids: animal quiz questions
- JeopardyLabs has tons of cool animal quizzes! Use their search bar to find games.
- PlayFactile.com has lots of fun online quizzes
- Greater Portland Landmarks has self-guided virtual tours of historical Portland landmarks
- Center for Puppetry
- Maine Audobon Nest & Feeder Cams!
Be our pen pal!
We invite your kiddo to become an animal pen pal! On our website we list all of our adoptable dogs, cats and critters (under the ADOPT tab). Have your child pick an animal to write a letter and/or draw a picture and send to us at the address below. Our staff will be happy to write back as the animal for a furry pen pal program!
Mail your letters to:
ARLGP Humane Education
PO Box 336
Westbrook, ME 04098
Send us your kid’s pet art
Encourage your kiddo to draw, paint, color, sketch a photo of their pet at home. Snap a photo or scan it, and send it to us at email@example.com. We will compile an album of kid pet art on our Facebook page.