The ARLGP will be holding a one-day Spay/Neuter-A-Thon on Saturday, October 3rd.
PLEASE NOTE: Our 10/3 spots have filled. If you are in need of spay/neuter services, please call us at (207) 854-9771 to schedule an appointment with our clinic.
The goal of this event is to offer affordable spay/neuter services to cats and dogs in our community. This day is open to any Maine pet parent (no income qualifications).
Pre-registration is required. Please read below for qualifications.
- Available for cats and dogs on this day only (if you need a spay/neuter for a rabbit or other small animal, please call us at (207)854-9771 to be added to our spay/neuter waitlist)
- Animals must be no younger than 8-weeks and no older than 7-years
- Dogs must be less than 75 pounds
- We cannot serve flat-faced dog breeds (pugs, French/English bulldogs, boxers)
Within one week of registering your pet(s) online, you will receive a phone call from an ARLGP team member to confirm your drop-off time. Drop-off times will stagger, based on pet. Dogs will be scheduled to arrive between 7am-11am, cats between 11am-3pm. Pet parents must be able to drop-off at the time assigned to you, and must be available by phone the entire day of 10/3 for calls and pet pick-up.
- When registering your pet(s), please fill out all pet description fields.
- PAYMENT IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
- For pets 12-weeks and older (as of 10/3), rabies is required by state law to be given to your pet if they are not current on their rabies vaccination.
- If the pet you are registering IS CURRENT, please email proof of vaccine to email@example.com.
- If your pet is NOT CURRENT and is at least (or will be) 12-weeks on 10/3, please pay for a rabies vaccine while registering.
- Dog spay/neuter $150– our dog spots for 10/3 have been filled
- Cat spay/neuter $75– our male cat spots for 10/3 have been filled, limited female cat spots remain
- Rabies vaccine: $15
- Distemper vaccine: $12
MORE SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS: ARLGP LITTER HELPERS
If you have a mom cat with an unexpected litter, the ARLGP will spay your mom cat at no charge and return her to you. We will keep the kittens, spay/neuter them, and find them adoptive homes in our community. If this program is of interest to you, please call us at (207)854-9771.