The ARLGP continues to be closed to public visitors due to COVID-19. Please use the information and links below to access our services and programs during our closure.
If you are interested in adopting an animal, we are able to do adoptions by appointment.
If you need to surrender a pet and live in one of our contracted towns, please call us to set up an admissions appointment at (207) 854-9771.
PET FOOD PANTRY
Beginning January 23rd, 2021, the ARLGP Pet Food Pantry weekly open hours will change to:
- Tuesdays: 3-5PM
- Thursdays: 3-5PM
- Saturdays: 12-2PM
PLEASE REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE: We are asking all Pet Food Pantry clients complete our new online registration form prior to their first pick-up. A registration form must be completed for each participating household.
TO ORDER FOOD: When you are in need of food, please complete our Pet Food Pantry Order Form, and select your desired pick-up day/time. We ask that you complete the order form EACH TIME you need to pick-up food.
- If you need assistance ordering food, you can call us at (207) 854-9771 for assistance
TO PICK-UP FOOD: When arriving to pick-up your Pet Food Pantry order, please park in our front parking lot in a numbered spot (our adoption center entrance lot). When you arrive, please call (207) 854-9771 and state your name to the operator to let us know you are here for your order.
DONATIONS OF PET FOOD ARE ALWAYS NEEDED
Donations of pet food are always needed, as we support both animals in the shelter and families in need of assistance through our Pet Food Pantry.
- Items can be purchased on our Amazon Wish List and be delivered to our facility
- Items can be purchased online with our local, small business partner The Fish & Bone and delivered to our facility
- If you have purchased items to drop-off, there is a donation table located at our front door
- Donations of funds can be made on our website at arlgp.org/support
DONATIONS OF LINEN & SUPPLIES
We CAN currently accept donations of:
- Unopened pet food and pet treats
- Clean linens (towels, sheets, blankets)
- New/gently used pet toys
- New/gently used pet beds
- New cat trees
- New litterboxes
We CAN’T currently accept donations of:
Please note that items below are things we must pay to dispose of if left at our doors
- Expired medications
- Ripped/destroyed pet toys
- Used cat trees
- Broken/rusted kennels and crates
- Linens we CANNOT take: pillows, sleeping bags, mattresses/mattress pads, electric blankets, ripped/soiled pet beds, cushions
If you have a question about an item we can or cannot accept, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
All donations of supplies can be left at our front door.
Our public spay/neuter clinic has resumed, on a limited basis. Please call us at (207) 854-9771 to inquire about upcoming dates and eligibility.
In-person, socially distanced dog training classes have resumed. Please learn more over on our training and behavior page.
VOLUNTEERING & FOSTERING
If you are interested in spending time with the ARLGP and our furry friends, feel free to learn more about our Foster Program.
Currently, the onboarding of new volunteers has paused due to the increase of COVID-19 cases in our community. Please check back for updates regarding new volunteer opportunities in the new year.