JUNE 2021 ADOPTION PROCESS UPDATE
Beginning Thursday, June 10th, the ARLGP will be open to in-person visits for adoption. We are committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of both the animals and people in our facility. During the first phase of our facility reopening, our emphasis will be on adoption services and finding homes for pets in need.
We will not be open for general visits from those who are not seriously interested in adopting (community outings, field trips, group visits, etc.) at this time.
Our adoption days/times will be:
- Tuesday, 11am-3pm
- Thursday, 11am-3pm
- Friday, 11am-3pm
- Saturday, 11am-3pm
- Sunday, 11am-3pm
We will be closed weekly on Monday and Wednesday.
2:30pm will be the latest time that adopters are let into our building.
- We will return to our in-person first-come/first-served adoption process and remove the online waitlist system beginning Thursday, June 10th.
- Community members interested in adopting a pet are encouraged to look on our website nightly and visit us only if there are animals you are seriously interested in adopting.
- Upon arrival to the ARLGP, you will be greeted at our front desk and assigned a place in line based on your first-come/first-served order of arrival. Once there is an adoption team member available to assist you, you will meet the animal you are interested in to begin the adoption process.
- We will not be open for general visits from those who are not seriously interested in adopting (community outings, field trips, group visits, etc.) at this time.
- Please keep in mind that the adoption process from start to finish can take about an hour (always dependent on day of the week and how many adopters are here at the same time). We ask that you plan accordingly and come at a time when you have some flexibility in your day’s schedule.
- Masks are required to be worn by anyone entering our building, regardless of vaccination status.
- Our primary priority is the health and safety of our staff and volunteers. Masks are required within the ARLGP until further notice.
Questions about adopting? Give us a call at (207) 854-9771.
We graciously ask for patience and flexibility as we work through this first phase of opening our doors.