SUMMER 2021 ADOPTION PROCESS UPDATE
Beginning Thursday, June 10th, the ARLGP will be open to in-person visits for adoption. We are committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of both the animals and people in our facility. During the first phase of our facility reopening, our emphasis will be on adoption services and finding homes for pets in need.
We will not be open for general visits from those who are not seriously interested in adopting (community outings, field trips, group visits, etc.) at this time.
Our adoption days/times will be:
- Tuesday, 11am-3pm
- Thursday, 11am-3pm
- Friday, 11am-3pm
- Saturday, 11am-3pm
- Sunday, 11am-3pm
We will be closed weekly on Monday and Wednesday.
2:30pm will be the latest time that adopters are let into our building.
What does this mean? PLEASE READ BEFORE VISITING:
- We are now open for in-person first-come/first-served adoptions.
- At 10am on the days we are open, sign-in sheets will be placed on our front door to track order of arrival of adopters arriving earlier than 11am. Once you sign in, we ask that you remain on our campus until we open.
- During our open hours, you will be greeted at our front desk and assigned a place in line based on your first-come/first-served order of arrival. Once there is an adoption team member available to assist you, you will meet the animal you are interested in to begin the adoption process.
- Please note that it can take around an hour to complete an adoption from start to finish, depending on how busy of a day it is.
- Community members interested in adopting a pet are encouraged to look on our website nightly and visit us only if there are animals you are seriously interested in adopting.
- We will not be open for general visits from those who are not seriously interested in adopting (community outings, field trips, group visits, etc.) at this time.
- If you are an unvaccinated adopter, we kindly ask that you wear a mask inside our facility. Complimentary masks are located at our front door entrance.
Questions about adopting? Give us a call at (207) 854-9771.
We graciously ask for patience and flexibility as we work through this first phase of opening our doors.